• DAY 1: Saturday September 16, 2017.
• DAY 2: Sunday September 17, 2017.
• 10:00am to 5:00pm.
DAILY ADMISSION RATES:
• Adults (Age 17+)… = $10.00
• Youth (Age 5-16)… = $5.00
• Children (Age 4 and under)… = FREE
** Note: Payment for Admission(s) is made on day of event at event location. Admission is valid for same day only.
MILLENIUM PLACE LOCATION / CONTACT DETAILS:
2000 Premier Way, Sherwood Park, AB, T8H 2G4
FOR TRAIN SHOW EVENT SPECIFIC INFORMATION:
Contact: John Koob at «[email protected]
» or 780-433-6658.
GENERAL TRAIN SHOW EVENT INFORMATION:
• Two soccer fields of model railroading fun.
• 18 operational displays/layouts.
• 23 Vendor/Dealer booths.
• Many static displays.
• Activities for the whole family including the LEGO Activity Centre.
• Many operating layouts and different model scales.
• How-to clinics & demonstrations by the experts.
• FREE Parking at facility.
• Conveniently located at the recreation centre for extended fun and activity for the whole family.
• 4 prize draws for youth/children between the ages of 5 to 16. Prize winners will be drawn each day, Sat morning and Sat afternoon, and Sun morning and Sun afternoon.
So come check it out! Definitely bring the kids!
Guaranteed a fun time for the whole family!
— GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE MMRF GROUP:
— The Mainline Model Railroaders Fellowship (MMRF) is an organization that supports and promotes the hobby of model railroading. We are a group of model railroad enthusiasts, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and promote the hobby by inviting independent and club model railroaders to participate in special events.
Model railroading can be a very enjoyable hobby, with many interesting facets. A person need not be an expert to enjoy model trains, all you need is the desire to participate in the hobby. Our organization has members from all age groups that come from many different professional backgrounds. We have a variety of model railroading experience from the young to the seasoned veteren. All model railroad scales are represented.
The MMRF organizes the annual Great Edmonton Model Train Show (GETS). Our members volunteer their time and talents to make the show one of the best in Canada.
WHO WE ARE:
Mainline Model Railroaders Fellowship (MMRF) was started in 1997 to bring an annual train show back to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; and to bring all independent and club railroaders together for special events. We consist of beginner to expert modelers, and support all scales, from smallest to largest.
To promote and increase the enjoyment of model railroading, and all that it encompasses among fellow model railroaders and railway enthusiasts. As well, it is our goal, as model railroaders, to showcase the hobby to newcomers and encourage participation in what can be described as one of the most enjoyable hobbies that can exist today. It is in our best interests to assure the hobby of model railroading continues to grow and prosper, so it can be enjoyed by present and future generations.
WHAT WE DO:
We have set-up many events in our journey to promote our hobby including the highly successful Great Edmonton Model Train Show, as well as bus tours to other train shows. Future plans include layout tours, how-to-clinics, slide shows, and swap meets.