Friday 4:30-8:30 / Sat & Sun 9-5
with Prem Robin Campbell and Amanda Madhu Whiting
This workshop is designed for yoga teachers to deepen their capacity to support students who experience anxiety and stress. Together we’ll explore practices for emotional health that include therapeutic asana sequences, visualizations, meditations including metta (loving kindness) and the philosophy of Yoga. As well, there will be opportunity to deepen one’s understanding of the therapeutic aspects of yoga through dyad work and guided self explorations. This experiential weekend will leave you equipped with more confidence in holding space for students going through emotional difficulty.
During this 20 hour intensive you will:
* Understand anxiety, stress and trauma from the perspective of the nervous system and how yoga shift states of mind through body and breath
* Gain in-depth knowledge of specific yoga asanas, pranayama and meditations that regulate and balance emotions
* Learn how to support students when they are triggered in yoga practice and feel anxious and/or dysregulated
* Explore how to release shame and dissolve barriers for self acceptance
* Cultivate self compassion, loving kindness and forgiveness
* Reconnect with oneself and with life
Investment: $375 /Earlybird $350 until September 1, 2017!
A manual will be provided. There is no required reading prior to this intensive.